Welcome to Markdown Hosting Service
This is a Markdown hosting site operated by Kobu.Com.
If you are in a hurry, start from the following link:
Following this link allows you to register your account, setup your web site and create your database.
Before doing so, however, please take some time to get familiar with the Markdown hosting:
- Read the rest of this page: an introduction to Markdown hosting service, and/or
- Take a look at Sample Tables if you are interested in using your database data in your page.
If you have questions or experience troubles:
About Markdown Hosting
The Markdown hosting service runs under a Kobu.Com's web server and allows you to create a web site by placing your Markdown files for publishing as HTML files.
In addition to automatic Markdown-HTML conversion, you can do the following with the hosting service:
- use a variety of value-added features including multi-language authoring, style specification, simple configuration charts, etc.
- create a database and web page for viewing and editing a database table
The Markdown hosting service will be run as a paid service in the future. However for a while it is free of charge.
What You can do with Markdown Hosting
If you use the Markdown hosting:
- Build your web site
- Publish web pages written in Markdown
- Edit them whenever you want
- Use the standard CSS stylesheet or provide your own (one stylesheet for Markdown files)
- Use value-added features like multi-lingal authoring, easy style specification, simple configuration charts, etc.
By using Markdown as a source format, you enjoy many advantages:
- Writing and editing a plain text is easier than editing HTML directly; therefore, creation and maintenance is your content is far easier
- Markdown-to-HTML conversion is done automatically when a page request is made by a visitor; you just need to worry about managing source Markdown files
What You can do with Database Hosting
With a hosted database, you can:
- share data between you and public
- provide to public data you have collected
- make a visitor (your customer) enter data for you (service provider)
- sharing of useful collection of data entered by visitors
- questionaire and survey
- publication of your research data
- simple group communication such as a bulletin board
- accept an order for some fixed items; not a full-fledge shopping cart,
- booking or reservation for a meeting room, delivery of goods, show ticket, etc.
Let me introduce some frequently used words. First about roles related to the hosting service:
- hosting provider
- provider of the Markdown hosting service, at this moment, Kobu.Com
- content and service provider
- user of the Markdown hosting service
- provides documents and data to public
- gathers data from public
- collectively called 'account' by the hosting provider side
- user of documents and data offered by a content provider
- user of a service offered by a service provider
Other frequently used words are:
- static resources vs dynamic pages
- static resources are HTML, images, CSS files, etc. that contain fixed contents,
- Markdown pages are dynamic in that the HTML output is generated at the time a web request arrives; they can include live data from a database table or other web sites taken via web api
- database and tables
- a single database can contain multiple data tables
- data in a table is formated in rows by columns
- for example a product table contains names and prices of all items you can ship to customers.
Other Links in This Site
Presented by Kobu.Com.